Otorhinolaryngologist in Munich
Curriculum vitae / Career
- 1970 to 1976 Studies in Human Medicine at the “Saarland” University in Homburg, at the “Friedrich-Wilhelms” University in Bonn and at Berlin Free University.
- 1976 State Examination in human medicine
- 1978 Scientific assistant at the ENT Clinic of the “Steglitz” University Hospital (renamed “Benjamin Franklin” Hospital) affiliated to Berlin Free University.
- 1981 Postgraduate research degree “Dr. med.” (= M.D.)
- 1981 - 1983 Several Study Visits abroad for practical training in reconstructive head and neck surgery with Prof. Dr. R. Meyer (Lausanne), Prof. Dr. M.E. Tardy (Chicago) and Prof. Dr. J.J. Conley (New York), among others.
- 1983 Senior house officer – six-month training in audiology and phoniatrics
- 1984 Postgraduate qualification as Otorhinolaryngologist with authorization for the specialty “Voice and speech disorders”
- 1986 Postgraduate teaching licence (“Privatdozent”) “Hans-von-Seemen” award of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie” (German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery)
Senior physician at the ENT Clinic of the “Steglitz” University Hospital in Berlin
- 1988 Authorization for the qualification “Facial Plastic Surgery”
- 1989 Scholarship from the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hals-Nasen-Ohren-Heilkunde” (German Society for Otorhinolaryngology) for a research stay in reconstructive head and neck surgery at US university hospitals (in New York, St. Louis, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Diego, among others)
- 1990 Appointment as University Professor at Berlin Free University. Authorization to provide training in “Facial Plastic surgery” by the Berlin Physicians Association (Ärztekammer)
- 1993 Director of the Clinic for Otorhinolaryngology and Face and Neck Surgery of the “Martin-Luther” University in Halle-Wittenberg.
- 1994 Dean for Student Affairs of the Faculty of Medicine at the “Martin-Luther” University in Halle-Wittenberg
- 1995 Chairman of the 33rd annual meeting of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Plastische und Wiederherstellungschirurgie” (German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) in Halle/Saale
- 1996 Vice-Dean, Faculty of Medicine at “Martin-Luther” University in Halle-Wittenberg (until 1998)
- 2000 Admission to the “International Collegium Oto-Rhino-Laryngologicum Amicitiae Sacrum” (CORLAS)
- 2001 Member of the executive board of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hals-Nasen-Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf- und Halschirurgie” (German Society for Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery)
Admission to the “Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher, LEOPOLDINA” (German Academy of Researchers in Natural Science)
- 2003 Director of the ENT Clinic of the LMU University in Munich
- 2006 - 2007 President of the “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Hals-Nasen-Ohrenheilkunde, Kopf- und Halschirurgie” (German Society for Otorhinolaryngology and Head an Neck Surgery) Chairman of the 78th annual congress of the society in Munich.
- 2014 Co-Director, 'First European Rhinoplasty Summit', Munich
- 2017 Start of the work in the Private Practice at Maximiliansplatz, Oskar-von-Miller-Ring 1, 80333 Munich
- Prof. Berghaus has been leading and organizing International annual courses in the field of Rhinoplasty for more than 20 years.
- On a regular basis, he is invited several times a year to national and international surgical courses in the field of Rhinoplasty, as a speaker or for demonstration surgery.